Taking inspiration from some of the great improv two person shows such as TJ & Dave, Project2, The Boys, and Dummy, this workshop explores the joy of duo performance through grounded scene work. We will lean in to the concept of high risk, high reward by building deep connections with our stage partner to allow for a richer demonstration of our characters authenticity and point of views. Whether it results in a comedic or dramatic outcome, we will relish it all, making for engaging and memorable scenes and shows. We will also examine the performance dynamic of form in a duo show.
- Develop stronger scene work with more grounded scenarios and characters
- Notice everything - how to get out of your head and back in the scene
- Using the trust we create to take bigger risks for greater scenes
- Understand the dynamic of two person shows
- Creating memorable intimate moments
Do I need to be part of a duo?
You don't need to be in a duo, or desire to do duo shows to participate. You will be assigned a performing partner on the day if you don't already have one. You read more about how duos can help our scene-work here.
When and Where?
The 1 day course takes place on Saturday 11th November from 10:30am to 4:30pm in the Teachers Club on Parnell Square West.
The Workshop Early Bird price is €100 and the full rate is €120.
Workshop spots are limited to maximise the experience for participants. Some prior improv experience is necessary.