Professional Improviser / Communication & Teams Expert
Neil has had a passion for improvisation from an early age and has been teaching and performing Improv for many years to adults and companies around the world. Founder and director of Improv Fest Ireland and assistant director of Improv Utopia Ireland, Neil is also a co-founder of No Drama Theatre.
Neil signature show, “Neil+1“,has been performed in cities and festivals across Europe and the US.
Neil has a Masters in Training and Education and is a certified Personal & Executive Coach with EQi Emotional Intelligence certification.
Neil teaches improvisation as both a performing art and as a corporate skill. He uses Improv as a training tool for companies to deliver training in the areas of high performance teams, team building, authentic presenting, conscious communication, leadership, and storytelling.
Where and who has Neil performed with?
Second City (Hollywood and Toronto)
Adlib Theatre (Florida)
The PIT (New York)
Florida Studio Theatre
Unscripted Theatre (San Francisco)
Tristan Bates (London West End)
Spectacles Improv Engine (California)
American Improv Theatre (California)
Go Comedy (Detroit)
Planet Ant (Detroit)
Teatro Barbarigo (Italy)
See select list of recent performance history below.
Neil has performed at numerous festivals including:
Impro Fest UK (London)
Big City Improv Festival (Toronto)
San Jose Improv Festival
Edinburgh Improv Festival
Birmingham Improv Festival
Body & Soul (Ireland)
Myth Fest (Dublin)
10 Days In Dublin
Where has Neil taught?
Aside from the above festivals and theatres, Neil has also taught/performed improv in theatres and festivals Shanghai, New York, Orange County California, and Brussels.
Neil has taught improv to a number of well known Irish personalities including Síle Seoige, Daniella Moyles, Jenny Buckley, Rick O’Shea, Paddy McKenna, Shane Gillen, Jenny Dixon and Sineád Burke to name but a few.
For Neil’s teaching Bio, click here.
Improv as an art or a skill?
Neil teaches improvisation as both a performing art and as a corporate skill. Neil uses Improv as a training tool for companies and sample clients include Smurfit Business School, UCD, AIB, Bank of Ireland, IMI, HSE, NTMA, Google, Facebook, Airbnb, and Enterprise Ireland to name but a few
Neil has 20 years of management and corporate experience in an international context. He has led teams throughout his career having held a senior leadership position in the Irish subsidiary of a multinational organisation. Neil is also an associate faculty of the IMI (Irish Management Institute) and a team member of The Core Story Ltd, providing story and strategy consulting and training to clients across Europe.
For details on upcoming shows, please check out the “Neil+1” page here.
Select Past Improv Performance Highlights:
* You & Me with Michael Patrick Thornton
* Chad Damiani Live Directs All Stars, Los Angeles – Guest Performer
* The PIT, New York – International Debut of ’72 Hours’
* Orange Tuxedo with Carla & Craig Cackowski, Second City Hollywood – Guest Performer
* Phoenix Improv Festival – Director & Performer “The International Ensemble”
* American Improv Theatre, California – Guest Performer with Jeff & Friends
* American Improv Theatre, San Jose – Jeff & Friends
* ComedySportz San Jose – Guest Performer
* Second City, Toronto – Guest Improv Performer with cast of “Click, Bait & Switch”
* Florida Studio Theatre, Sarasota – When X Meets Y – Guest Performer. Improvised Musical
* Go Comedy!, Detroit – Campfire Tales
* Impro Fest UK, London – Boy Seeks Girl
* Stage 4 Improv, California – Guest performer
* ComedySportz San Jose, California – Occasional guest performer during 2014 and 2015
* Improv Fest Ireland – Boy Seeks Girl
* ‘Neil + Lydia’, Dublin – One off duo show with UCB Teacher, Lydia Hensler.
* Mythfest, Ireland – Poets Of Penance
* Zmack, Shanghai – Neil+Curt
* Body & Soul Festival, Ireland – Bog Cottage Improv
* TedFest, Ireland – Laughalot Improv
* Teatro Barbarigo, Italy