Further Training with ‘Not The Eyes‘: Course Level X
Next Course Commences October 11th!
A six week schedule of 3 hour classes.
You’ve completed some courses and you love improv. Now you want to get better at improv? We can help.
The ‘Not The Eyes’ Level X course will give you stage time, targeted feedback, and a set of tools you can pull out as you need them in scenes. We’ll warm you up, dust off your cobwebs, and get you going with something new! In each class we’ll focus on a different skill, as follows:
1. Character – Don’t lose your shit, physicality, motivation, status
2. Visual/physical – playing with space, scene painting, varying the feel of scenes
3. Relationships – who are you, connections, emotional impact, what things mean
4. Edits – Be ready/Beyond the sweep, variation, creative edits
5. Scene starts – setting up rich characters and scenarios, fast, repeatedly
6. Clinic – targeted exercises for individuals
Side coaching and getting the performers to talk about how they felt in the scene will be very important and run throughout the course. We will work with the formats Armando and La Ronde, and more on class preference, focusing on the fundamentals of meaningful stories with comedic surprises. Whether you’re in a group, looking for a group, or just looking to improve, you’ll come out of this course with an increased range and depth as an improviser.
* Must have completed Level 2 Improv or higher with Neil Curran or equivalent training elsewhere.
Course cost €120. €50 non refundable deposit secures place on booking, balance paid at the first class.
About Not The Eyes
Not The Eyes have over 15 years combined experience in improvised comedy and theatre. The group has performed at Improv Fest Ireland every year since its inception, as well as Impro Fest UK, Electric Picnic, Science Gallery, and at a Star Wars screening (don’t ask!). We regularly headline at The Tightrope improv night in Dublin, wielding surreal comedy as our weapon of choice. Each member of the group have been trained as actors and performed as stand-up comedians, and our improv has been coached by teachers from Second City, The Annoyance, PGraph, Improv Boston, The Maydays, and UCB.