Improv Teacher, Performer and Lover!
The ‘Neil’ of the “Neil+1” Improvised theatre & comedy show.
Founder and Director of Improv Fest Ireland
Once upon a time Founder of No Drama Theatre as well as many other improv and theatre projects. Neil has a Masters in Training and Education and is a certified Personal & Executive Coach.
Tinnitus Sufferer. Misunderstood Genius.
Where and who has Neil performed with?
Neil has had a passion for improvisation from an early age and has been tutoring improv for many years. Having performed with No Drama Theatre, Laughalot Improv, The Make Up Artists, Duty Free, Coastbusters, Poets of Penance and most recently Kirsty, Neil has also guested and performed in shows and theatres around the world including:
Second City (Hollywood and Toronto)
Adlib Theatre (Florida)
The PIT (New York)
Florida Studio Theatre
Unscripted Theatre (San Francisco)
Tristan Bates (London West End)
Spectacles Improv Engine (California)
American Improv Theatre (California)
Go Comedy (Detroit)
Planet Ant (Detroit)
and many more.
See select list of recent performance history below.
Neil has performed at numerous festivals including Slapdash (London), Impro Fest UK (London), BIGIF (Barcelona), Big City Improv Festival (Toronto), San Jose Improv Festival, Improfest (Krakow), Body & Soul (Ireland), Mythfest (Dublin) and 10 Days in Dublin.
Where has Neil taught?
Aside from Ireland, Neil has taught and performed improv in theatres and festivals San Francisco, San Jose, New York, Orange County California, Florida, Shanghai, Brussels, London, Krakow and Brighton.
Neil has taught improv to a number of well known Irish personalities including Síle Seoige, Daniella Moyles, Jenny Buckley, Rick O’Shea, Paddy McKenna, Shane Gillen, Jenny Buckley to name but a few.
Neil also trained and performed with Dublin’s first indigenous “Harold” Improv group as part of No Drama Theatre.
For Neil’s teaching Bio, click here.
Improv as an art or a skill?
Neil teaches improvisation as both a performing art and a life skill. Neil has being facilitating Improvisation in Business workshops for many companies and sample clients include Smurfit Business School, UCD, AIB, Bank of Ireland, IMI, Popcap Games International Ltd, Google, Facebook, Airbnb, and Wilson Hartnell Public Relations (Part of the Ogilvy & Mather Group).
In addition to Neil’s established track record of teaching and performing improv, Neil is also an Executive & Personal Coach and is currently in the middle of a Masters in Training & Education.
Neil has over 15 years extensive experience within corporate industry at management level in the multinational sector. He is currently a senior manager for a global organisation.
For details on upcoming shows, please check out the “Neil+1” page here.
Select Past Improv Performances:
* Orange Tuxedo with Carla & Craig Cackowski, Second City Hollywood – Guest performer
* International Literature Festival Dublin – Neil+1
* Phoenix Improv Festival – Director & Performer “The International Ensemble”
* American Improv Theatre, California – Guest Performer with Jeff & Friends
* San Jose Improv Festival – Neil+1
* Applied Improvisation Network Annual Conference – Neil+1
* Barcelona Improv Festival – Neil+1
* Slapdash Festival London – Neil+1
* Improfest Krakow – Neil+1
* American Improv Theatre, San Jose – Jeff & Friends
* ComedySportz San Jose – Guest Performer
* Barcelona Improv Festival – Neil+1
* Second City, Toronto – Guest Improv Performer with cast of “Click, Bait & Switch”
* Big City Improv Festival, Toronto – Neil+1
* Adlib Theatre, Orlando – Neil+1
* Florida Studio Theatre, Sarasota – When X Meets Y – Guest Performer. Improvised Musical
* Go Comedy!, Detroit – Campfire Tales
* Impro Fest UK, London – Boy Seeks Girl
* Stage 4 Improv, California – Guest performer
* ComedySportz San Jose, California – Occasional guest performer during 2014 and 2015
* Improv Fest Ireland – Boy Seeks Girl
‘Neil + Lydia’, Dublin – One off duo show with UCB Teacher, Lydia Hensler.
* Mythfest, Ireland – Poets Of Penance
* Un-Scripted Theater, San Francisco – Neil+1
* American Theatre Company, Brussels – Neil+1